[Users] textops regular expression matching = subst to replace from field

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Jan 18 22:32:46 CET 2006

Hi Neill,

NEILL WILKINSON wrote:

> Bogdan,
>
> thnx for the reply. I'll take a look at the UAC module.
>
> Correct me please, if am wrong, but to achieve 3rd Party registration,
> the To: field matches the AoR (e.g. boss at company.com
> <mailto:boss at company.com>), request URI matches the registrar server
> I'm sending the message to, and the From field is (basically) who is
> registering the message, for 3rd party registration this could be for
> example secretary at company.com <mailto:secretary at company.com>

that's correct

> If in openser I get a register message - at this point correctly
> intended for the server, I want to "artificially" rewrite the message
> to send on to another registrar, but with the From field populated
> with a psuedo URI. Then I need to modify the REGISTER to contain the
> registrar address I'm "forwarding" to, the From field to my psuedo 3rd
> party and the rest of the header remains the same.
>
> When the registrar I'm forwarding to receives the message it will
> import the AoR from the To: field and the contact information.
>
> Vola - 3rd party registration?

sound reasonable but you should be sure that the server accept 3rd party
registration. Also if authentication is required, the new FROM will be
challenged....

> I know this sounds painful - but I'm trying to acheive something
> pretty painful too! :o)
>
> uac_replace_from () looks to be what you're suggesting?

yes - see http://openser.org/docs/modules/1.1.x/uac.html#AEN108
to "reduce the pain", you may set the "from_restore_mode" to "auto" ;)

regards,
bogdan