[Serusers] problem with OpenSER + Asterisk + F5 load-balancing switch

Jack Wei jack.wei at vertextelecom.com
Sun Feb 26 09:33:49 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm having a problem trying to set up OpenSER + Asterisk + F5
load-balancing switch.  Establishing the call (w/ no audio) seems to
work alright but when the client hangs up, the OK reply from Asterisk
never reaches the client.  By the way, I'll get to the audio problem
after the SIP problem is solved.

Here's my setup:
1)  2 OpenSER boxes behind NAT with 198.168.2.X IPs and a public virtual
IP X.X.X.X.
2)  2 Asterisk boxes behind NAT with 192.168.3.X IPs and a public
virtual IP Y.Y.Y.Y.
3)  2 MySQL database boxes behind NAT with 192.168.4.X IPs and a private
virtual IP 192.168.4.10.

Each set of boxes are in it's on VLAN so the gateways are .1 for each
subnet.

Attached are the logs from the private and public interfaces on the F5
switch.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  or if my setup needs to be
changed?  Thanks in advance.

Jack