[Serusers] lookup(): '' Not found in usrloc

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 17:48:38 CET 2006

On 2/25/06, Andres <andres at telesip.net> wrote:
> Kim Culhan wrote:
>
> >A UA is trying to send NOTIFY:
> >
> >U 1.2.3.4:56839 -> 5.6.7.8:5060
> >NOTIFY sip:machine.foo.com SIP/2.0.
> >

> There is no user in this NOTIFY message.  So there is nothing that SER
> can lookup.  This is probably just a keep-alive.

Yes I think it is just a keep-alive.

Thanks also to "Michal Matyska" <michal at iptel.org> who wrote:

> Hmmm,
> could you tell me from the message dump, which user do you want to lookup?

This is what I don't understand, where is the user name located ?

What alternative action is there be if you have:

if (!lookup("location")) {
                sl_send_reply("404", "User Not Found - lookup_location");
                break;
        };

So, what causes the lookup in userloc db to fail ?

As Michal points out, for a keep-alive message like this one
there is no user in the usrloc dbso it must return  a 404 error ?

Is the UA sending the keep-alive doing the wrong thing ?

-kim

w8hdkim at gmail.com