[Serusers] Forwarding to port 5060 when UA behind NAT

Arek Bekiersz sip at perceval.net
Tue Feb 21 15:21:39 CET 2006

Dear list,

I have situation where SIP UA is behind NAT, that maps everything to
ports above number 61000. I use nathelper, rtpproxy and SER 0.8.12.
Everything works fine.

Until I have UA that does not send "Contact" field in BYE (or OK for
BYE) during call termination. In this case SER is forwarding responses
not to NAT-ed port, but to port 5060.

QUESTION: What can be done to correct this situation?
Is this improved in new SER releases?

Sequence is as follows:

IP_of_A:61001 -> IP_of_proxy:5060
BYE sip:B at IP_of_proxy
loose_route

IP_of_proxy:5060 -> IP_of_B:5060
BYE sip:B at IP_of_B

IP_of_B:5060 -> IP_of_proxy:5060
SIP/2.0 200 OK

IP_of_proxy:5060 -> IP_of_A:5060   <WRONG! Should be 61001>
SIP/2.0 200 OK

It does not happen when terminating UA sends "Contact" field in first BYE.

--
Regards,
Arek Bekiersz