[Serusers] Errors...

ryan nalupa ryanalupa at yahoo.com.ph
Tue Feb 21 05:54:46 CET 2006

hello! i'm following the ser howto that i got at iptel.org and i'm having errors when following these...

  3.2. Adding an admin for your realm  Now that we have a working database and ser is configured to use it, we need to add some users and at least one of them should have administrator privileges. The administrator role becomes important if you want to use a web management tool such as serweb.
  Basic account manipulation can be performed with the serctl script, located in /usr/sbin.
  To add a user use these commands

  serctl add JoeUser qwerty joe at mydomain.com
  The system notify for "Type MySQL Password", the default password is "heslo"
  To make JoeUser an administrator, we need to logon to MySQL and modify the database.

mysql> connect ser;    mysql> update subscriber set perms=?admin? where USER_ID=?JoeUser?;  Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)  Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0    mysql> select * from subscriber;  | 4cefa7a4d3c8c2dbf6328520bd873a19 | JoeUser     | qwerty |  |   |   | joe at mydomain.com   | 2002-12-02 19:20:41 | 2002-12-02 20:29:46 | 80e0f273b2067d40277b49ff842bb9e3 | o    |                  |          | c79a8f8f08596baa84bb02c88884426d | mydomain.com | f322c94b8b2fbe557d43ab3ac9e05b3a | admin | 1          | America/Los_Angeles |

  The third from last field shows that Joe has been assigned admin privileges.
  At this point Joe can logon to our server, but since he is the only user, there is not much he can do. We can now add additional users using the serctl script, or now is a good time to look at installing serweb, which will allow users to subscribe to our service.

  sql gives me an error saying check the manual that came with my mysql dist. and says an error from ?admin? where USER_ID=?JoeUser?. can anyone help me here..... :(

  ryan