[Serusers] Calling External Script from Ser.cfg

mkumar at mantragroup.com mkumar at mantragroup.com
Sun Feb 19 17:50:01 CET 2006

Hi All,

I am trying to call a external script from Ser.cfg using exec_msg. It calls a
shell script and from shell script I am running a java program which connects
to Database and makes some queries for getting number of minutes dialled out by
a customer. My problem is that how can I get the output of the java programme
value to ser.cfg? I am doing like this

exec_msg("sh -a /usr/local/ser/mobi.sh $SIP_USER;Some more commands required")

I tried one approach, if the user crossed number of minutes then I am calling
system.out(-1); telling unix OS that something went wrong and  system.out(0);
if user did not croos his number of minutes, but it is sometimes successful and
fails sometimes. So please tell me how can get the output of java program,
should I use system.out.print in java and grep for that but I do not know how
can I do this ? I also have no idea whether this approach can be used or not?
Please tell what should be used to acheive this?

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
Manoj.