[Serusers] Invalid table version AGAIN

Yi Zheng yizheng at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 18 00:28:18 CET 2006

I was able to have SER working with MySql database.  I can see the location table updated with the registered users.

  However if I add the following line to ser.cfg to use digest authentication and restart ser, then I saw the following errors in /var/log/messages and ser failed to start.

  ser.cfg
  ----------
  # Uncomment this if you want to use digest authentication
                        if (!www_authenticate("10.1.104.254", "subscriber")) {
                                www_challenge("10.1.104.254", "0");
                                break;
                        };

  /var/log/messages:
  Feb 17 16:25:39 localhost ./ser[32533]: authdb_fixup: Invalid table version (use ser_mysql.sh reinstall)
Feb 17 16:25:39 localhost ./ser[32533]: ERROR: fix_expr : fix_actions error

  I am using the presence server snapshot. There is no reinstall for this version of ser_mysql.sh. And I made no change to the database or version table. So what is it complaining? I found this strange.

  - ming