[Serusers] What's the point of domains?

Nick Hoffman nick.hoffman at altcall.com
Fri Feb 17 08:10:21 CET 2006

Hi guys, just a quick question. This is the only 'listen' in my ser.cfg:
    listen=10.0.100.12

When I add a user like so:
    serctl add nick at foo.bar password nick at domain.tld
and dial 'nick' or 'sip:nick at 10.0.100.12' on a softphone, the call connects
and SER's debug messages show that this is being dialled:
    sip:nick at 10.0.100.12

If I try dialing sip:nick at foo.bar a 404 is returned.

If the domain that's specified when adding a user isn't actually used in
the user's SIP address, what is the point of the domain?

Thanks for clearing this up for me,
-- Nick
e: nick.hoffman at altcall.com
p: +61 7 5591 3588
f: +61 7 5591 6588

If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us and do not make any
use of the email.  We do not waive any privilege, confidentiality or
copyright associated with it.