[Serusers] UAC UDP to Proxy TCP... Problem

Christian Thomas cthomas at canalwest.com
Tue Feb 14 18:33:43 CET 2006

Hi everybody,

I have a UDP2TCP problem with Ser. (0.9-4)
The UACs connected to my SER Proxy are all UDP. When I use some carriers to
connect them to PSTN The Carrier Proxy / GW could talk UDP or TCP. It
depends on the destination.
Each time the Carrier GW want to talk TCP, the contact field is correct and
contains the 'transport=tcp' mention. all seems to be correct and, after a
complete reading about this subject in the list, I trust that using
t_relay() must do the right translation and send response via TCP to the
Carrier GW when this one is transport=tcp declared.
If I Check the message for an Ack or a BYE sent to the TCP GW the uri is
correct :
the transport=tcp is added.
 Request-Line: ACK sip:50033299848400 at 200.1xx.xx.xx:5060;transport=tcp
SIP/2.0
I have red that this is sufficient to let SER understand that it must be
sent via TCP.
unfortunately, this message is ent thru UDP.
May I force with a t_relay_to_tcp ? As this case depends on the carrier
dynamic routing  it could be complicated because of the need to know the
destination to script t_relay_to_tco(uri, port)... If anybody has the trick
or any advice...
Other thing related, when TCP is the transport mode from the Carrier GW and
I forward staefully to the UAC (Asterisk) the call failed between Asterisk
as UAC and the carrier GW.
I wondering it was because the Carrier Gw didn't receive an ACK TCP from my
server..

Well I'm completely lost... as you can feel with my message...
I need Help.. But don't cal me Harry ;)

Regards,

Christian Thomas