[Serusers] Asterisk + SER

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Thu Feb 9 20:55:37 CET 2006

That depends a lot on your particular setup, Nick.  If you're doing a pre-pay
by the minute scheme, there's no way for SER to cut off a call when someone
runs out of minutes, so you'd want to forward calls through something like
Asterisk B2BUA. If you're doing a monthly scheme, you can set flags based on
database values and SER is perfectly capable of shunting the calls to a PSTN
provider.

Some people will also use Asterisk to transcode (convert from one codec to
another) from a common VoIP codec to one that their PSTN gateway understands.

It can be done a lot of different ways. :)

N.

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:24:17 +1000, Nick Hoffman wrote