[Serusers] SER: Measuring ASR & PDD

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Wed Feb 8 21:35:35 CET 2006

Hi List,

At the moment, I log 'INVITE', 'ACK' and 'BYE' with this:

  # -----------------------------------------------------------------
  # Sets the acc accounting flag 4 billing
  # -----------------------------------------------------------------
  if( (method=="INVITE") || (method=="ACK") || (method=="BYE")) {
    setflag(1);
  };

To measure (approximately) the ASR, I think it is sort of reasonable to
use the formula

(number of INVITES) / (number of BYEs + number of INVITES)

The reasoning behind this being that INVITES which have been BYEd have
necessarily been answered.

Now, how would you measure Post Dialing Delay? To be doing that I would
need to record the 'Ringing' signal but I don't know how to do this. Any
ideas?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom