[Serusers] high-availibility setup using f5 bigip

Jack Wei cowlemon at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 17:28:05 CET 2006

I want to set up 2 SER boxes and 2 Asterisk boxes using 192.168.1.X IPs.  I set
up 2 VIPs, 1 for SER and 1 for Asterisk.  SER redirect voice mail calls to
Asterisk VIP.  However, if you look at the SIP logs, Asterisk is using a
192.168.1.X IP for the contact address.  Also, there is no audio since the SDP
is using the 192.168.1.X IP.  I've set the externip and localnet in Asterisk
but nothing happened.

My goal is to set up a load-balancing pools of SER and Asterisk behind a BIGIP
switch.

--- Charles Wang <lazy.charles at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that the range of this question is too large.
> You should tell us what your scenario is. And tell us more about your
> configurations.
>
> 2006/2/2, Jack Wei <cowlemon at yahoo.com>:
> > hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to set up 2 SER and 2 Asterisks boxes using a bigip switch to do
> > load-balancing.  I'm using Asterisk as a voicemail application only and
> have
> > successfully integrated SER with Asterisk without the switch.  But when I
> try
> > to use the switch as a load-balancer, I get lots of NAT problems.  Does
> anyone
> > know how to setup the switch and SER/Asterisk properly?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jack

> Best Regards
> Charles