[Serusers] Serweb does not send mail on registration

Bart J. Smit bart at smits.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 11:55:30 CET 2006

Hi Karel,

Fixed! 8-)

I did 'yum -y install php-imap' which fixed the imap_8bit() function
call.

I then got "sorry -- cannot open write fifo" on the registration
confirmation page.

This file is not writable by my httpd user (user apache on CentOS) so I
set the ownership to root.apache. This is reset to root.root when ser
starts, so I added 'chown root.apache /tmp/ser_fifo' to the start
section of the /etc/init.d/ser script, just before the 'return $RETVAL'
line.

Serweb now works a treat.

Thanks again for your code and your help,

Bart...