[Users] Openser TLS: problem on port 5061

Martin Petraschek petraschek at ftw.at
Thu Feb 23 17:02:54 CET 2006

Hi all!

I finally got two clients (minisip and Snom softphone) to work with
openser via TLS. I was using port 5060 for TLS connections, which is
non-standard. I wanted to change this behavious and make openser listen
for TLS connections on port 5061, which I thought should be possible
with the following configuration parameter:

listen = tls:10.1.2.9:5061

After configuring the client (minisip) to use port 5061 for TLS,
restarting openser and re-registering the client, I get the following
error messages in the openser log:

Feb 23 16:48:45 server /usr/local/sbin/openser[6011]: ERROR:tm:add_uac:
can't fwd to af 2, proto 1  (no corresponding listening socket)
Feb 23 16:48:45 server /usr/local/sbin/openser[6011]:
ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: failure to add branches

The ssl handshake worked without problems, which I confirmed by looking
at the output of ssldump.

Can anyone tell me what these error messages mean?

I am using openser-1.0.0-tls.

Cheers,

Martin