[Users] Custom CNAM module

Brandon Price brandon at dacrib.net
Tue Feb 21 19:15:40 CET 2006

I am interested in a custom openser module. It needs to perform cnam
(calling party name) resolution through a third party webserver. The
module should perform the following actions on an incoming call where
SIP Display info:  == "                "(nothing).

1.Query our local cnam_custom db (mysql) to determine if the customer
being called has a custom cnam for the number calling them

2.Query our local cnam_cache db (mysql) to determine if we have
already queried the third party database for the number calling in

3.Query the third party database (https) to determine cnam if neither
of the first two queries returned anything

4.Insert the result into the SIP Display info: portion of the INVITE
so that the correct name will show up on my users callerid.

If 1,2,or 3 return a non null value skip to to 4.

I would really love to do this with an external script that grabs the
values, inserts them into the database, and AVP's but have been this
far been unable to build a working solution. I tried...

avp_db_load("$from","cnam/$cnam_scheme");
				xlog("cnam value [$avp(s:cnam)]\n");
				uac_replace_from("$cnam","");

or something like that to no avail. Please reply with your hourly
rate if you will need to write the module, if you can do it with
$avp's?, and include total cost for the job. I would prefer to do it
with avp's. Thank you.