[Users] question about db_schemes and avp functionality

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Feb 16 10:50:24 CET 2006

Hello,

On 02/15/06 17:53, Broch, Andreas wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have a running IMS test – system without HSS functionality at the
> moment.
>
> Next step to realize are the Initial Filter Criteria.
>
> ->
>
> I want to create my own db_scheme, where I can store the required
> values of the user profile.
>
> My questions are:
>
> - How can use the db_scheme beside the default avp_table (
> usr_preferences ) ?

db_scheme definition allows to specify a custom table name. See:
http://www.voice-system.ro/docs/avpops/ar01s05.html#db_scheme

If the table has the same structure as usr_preferences, then you can
give the name in the second parameter of avp_db_load().
http://www.voice-system.ro/docs/avpops/ar01s06.html#avp_db_load

> - Avp’s only have 1 value column. How can I load different attributes
> , if the parameters are stored in different columns of the self
> defined table

If they are in the subscriber table, then you can load them upon
authentication:
http://openser.org/docs/modules/1.1.x/auth_db.html#AEN147

Otherwise, with the latest cvs version (it was committed yesterday), you
can use avp_db_query()
http://openser.org/docs/modules/1.1.x/avpops.html#AEN239