[Users] Requests resent by proxy?

Wed Feb 15 18:27:55 CET 2006

On Wed, February 15, 2006 17:52, Walter Schober said:
> Hi!
>
> Pls correct me, if I'm wrong, but I always thought, that retransmissions
> should be done by the UA, not the proxy?
>
> Attached is (a rather complex call scenario - but currently I don't have
> an
> easier one). 002.002.002.25 is the OpenSER.
> Look at Line 118 and 124 (unfortunately Ethereal can't display filter that
> scenario and save it to a separate file... Fragmented frames ... infos
> lost). They are just sent by the proxy 0.033s afterwards.
>
> Nevertheless there are some more problems in that call: RTPProxy assigns
> same port to voice and video on reinvite in opposite direction and
> repeated
> ACK is not terminated in transaction and ftag on previous proxy isn't
> translated correctly, since transaction already gone there...

I do not know if this is the reason in your scenario, but:
Some SIP clients (eyebam) do falsely use the record-route headers of
reINVITEs to build a new route set. Than it may happen that the ftag in
the Route header (which indicates the direction) gets swapped. This is a
bug in the client which can be avoided by do not use record_route for
indialog requests (loose_route processed requests).

regards
klaus