[Users] Requests resent by proxy?

Walter Schober walter.schober at neotel.at
Wed Feb 15 17:52:23 CET 2006

Hi!

Pls correct me, if I'm wrong, but I always thought, that retransmissions
should be done by the UA, not the proxy?

Attached is (a rather complex call scenario - but currently I don't have an
easier one). 002.002.002.25 is the OpenSER.
Look at Line 118 and 124 (unfortunately Ethereal can't display filter that
scenario and save it to a separate file... Fragmented frames ... infos
lost). They are just sent by the proxy 0.033s afterwards.

Nevertheless there are some more problems in that call: RTPProxy assigns
same port to voice and video on reinvite in opposite direction and repeated
ACK is not terminated in transaction and ftag on previous proxy isn't
translated correctly, since transaction already gone there...

Not that I have a problem now, it's just disturbing.

BTW: RTPProxy bug workaround by
if looseroute
	if method == INVITE || REFER
		unforce_rtp_proxy