[Users] Forward requests based on userid

Mouncif Benziane mouncifb at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 19:11:33 CET 2006

Hi folks,

I wanted to route sip requests based on user id with
it's appropriate Gateway IP address which is stored in
Mysql database , is this possible?

Database structure:

userid,gateway
617978XXX  64.80.XXX.XXX
78189XXXX  64.100.XXX.XXXX

example: if someone call 617978XXX he will be routed
to  it's approriate gateway

at present I am using static route like:

   if (uri=~"^sip:617978XXX@") {
rewritehost("64.80.XXX.XXX");
}

  if (uri=~"^sip:78189XXXX@") {
rewritehost("664.100.XXX.XXXX");
}

etc,....

I am afraid the config file gonna get larger if I add
more than 500 users(DIDs), I am looking for an
alternative to store DID numbers in database (Mysql or
text) and
route them accordingly with the appropriate Gateway
address.

Thank you so much and I will appreciate if you can
help me out!

Ben