[Serusers] Ser, MediaProxy and Asterisk

Gerardo Amaya ser at gerardoamaya.com
Thu Dec 21 18:53:01 CET 2006

Hello all,
I'm trying to use a SER server for the following:

|                         |                                   |
ISP #1                        ISP #2             Private Link
                 Private LINK
NATed SIP               SIP Clients        172.18.xxx.yyy
172.16.5.xx
Clients                           |
|                                    |

|                         |                                    |
|                                    |
|                                    |

                           SER with MEDIAPROXY

                              ================
                              Asterisk (172.16.5.1)
                              =================

                                        PSTN

I need asterisk to handle all the calls to the PSTN and event the SIP
calls between them. I need to use the SER server as a tool to receive
calls from any of the environments that I draw on top, and all
communicating with Asterisk, even I also have a backup Asterisk box,
that I can use in load balance with SER.

I saw that there is a function "rewritehostport()" which I'm pretty sure
it won't work since I will not keep the call in the SER server. I have
made the NAT configuration of the Getting Started Guide, but I now that
this is just part of what I need to build the complete solution.

Can anyone please give me a hint in what is that I need to acomplish
such task

Thanks in advance

Gerardo Amaya