[Serusers] Multiple domain

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Thu Dec 21 12:49:40 CET 2006

At 11:52 21/12/2006, tzieleniewski wrote:
>Thank you!!
>Still small qouestion:)
>> Hi Tomek,
>>
>> I suggest you try to use the current development version, codenamed ottendorf.
>>
>> What you are suggesting would work, but ottendorf gets it down in a straight
>> way -- it works by default even with default config file and you can add
>> domains and their synonymical names using serctl on the fly.
>>
>> The change we did underneath SER is overhaul of data model -- you don't have
>> to know, just in case .... the domain name lists domains. The domains are
>> identified by an id and arbitrarily many names (foobar.com, sip.foobar.com,
>> united.foobar.com,...) may represent the same domain (i.e., have the same id).
>> User accounts are then linked to this domain id.
>Jiri I just want to make sure that I understood correctly. So in ottendorf the data model had been rebuilt. Now there is a proper mechaznizm implemented responsilbe for mapping of the incoming messages from particular users to the right id wich in consequnce points to the right domain??

yes. see more in http://www.iptel.org/ser/development/documentation
(the doc is not very pollished IMO, comments are welcome)

>So that there is no need to make the regular expression analizis.
>But does it still require to create speparate database tables for each domain?

no. No table is split by domains.

>If so then how to connect each table with the proper server domain.

domain table holds list of domain names. subscriber data refers to domains by ids.
you manage it using the ser_ctl.

>Maybe it is not reuired any more and all users are places in the standard "location" table??
>And hopefully last question:) if ser is going to serv multiple domain users
>then all domains have to have the dns records in dns servers, isn't it?

Each domain name has to be in DNS (so that SIP clients can find it), and in ser's domain
table (so that SER knows that a domain is to be processed as local).

-jiri