[Serusers] SER 0.9.x and 0.10.x on the same machine?

Thu Dec 21 11:40:33 CET 2006

TZieleniewski wrote:
> Hi ALL!!
>
> Is it possible to have to different releases of ser on the same machine?
> Have any one tired that? I couldn't find any info the web, please help :)

it is possible. but you can not use the precompiled packages (rpm,
debian). E.g. just download the source code, compile it (make), but do
NOT install it (no make install).

Then start ser from the source code directory. use -f to specify the
location of the ser.cfg file and adopt the location of the modules in
ser.cfg

Also make sure to not listen on the same ports and use different FIFOs
and pid files.

regards
klaus

--