[Serusers] Help! Run SER with MySQL to do authentication

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Tue Dec 12 11:39:26 CET 2006

Copy the list.
Well, "libmysqlclient.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory" pretty much says it all, right?
Your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable must include your library dirs
before starting ser (cumbersome) or you need to add /usr/lib/mysql to
your /etc/ld.so.conf file (which btw should have been updated when
installing mysql, I don't know why it didn't happen for you).
g-)