[Serusers] Monitoring

Peter Kuebler peter.kuebler at sunrocket.com
Fri Dec 8 15:17:46 CET 2006

Hello Hendrik,

I was reading your post and wondering if you have made any progress on SER
monitoring?  Especially in regard to enhancing the snmpd to monitor the
number of users and transactions?

http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2006-January/026771.html

Hello Hendrik,

What about VRRP for failover ?

               SER1 (master)
 sip agents == ||  === Asterisk Farm==sip/pstn gateway
               SER2 (slave)

Harry

--- Hendrik Scholz <hendrik.scholz at freenet-ag.de
écrit :

> Hi!
>
> hgaillac-sip at yahoo.fr
> > Yes I know about snmp module.
> > There is no way to monitor SER vi snmp !?
>
> As others have noted SER does not directly support
> SNMP but you can
> easily enhance your snmpd to support it.
> You add serctl fifo commands using the snmp exec
> directive
> to monitor the number of users, transactions stuff,
> The meminfo patch (now included) is handy and you
> can directly pipe
> serctl fifo meminfo into SNMP and create nifty
> graphs.
>
> sipsak comes in handy, i.e. sending an OPTIONS
> request and measuring
> a) if a response comes back and b) the time
> processing took.
>
> Much better would be monitoring INVITE/REGISTER
> response behaviour since
> that usually requires a whole lot more interaction
> (radius, db, ..)
> on SER side.
>
> Hendrik

Peter Kuebler