[Serusers] lookup() and forking

O'Shaughnessy Evans shaug+sip at aloha.net
Sat Dec 9 02:34:54 CET 2006

Hello.  I'm trying to debug a problem I seem to be having with parallel
forking and I'd like to check my understanding of ser's behavior on a
few points.

I have 2 phone numbers registered in the location table for a certain
subscriber, each with a q value of 1.  When I call the subscriber number,
I don't see ser forking and then sending an INVITE to each contact, but
only the one with the lower expiration value (the first number that
"serctl ul show" lists).  I have append_branches set to 1 and
desc_time_order set to 0.

The way I've understood everything I've read, lookup() should be laying
the groundwork for the tm module to fork ser so that when I call t_relay
ser will intiate one INVITE to each location with the same q value.  Is
this not correct?  Is there anything special I should be doing to tell
it to fork an INVITE to each contact at this point?

Thanks, and best regards.

--
= o'shaughnessy_evans -=- sys_admin @ (aloha|ilhawaii|myworld|turquoise).net =
                          Pacific LightNet, Inc.