[Serusers] Simplified multilateral peering for a lab environment

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Thu Dec 7 11:08:07 CET 2006

Aaron Daubman wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've found some decent documentation on secure multilateral peering
> for OpenSER, however I'm looking for something more simple.
I assume you mean OSP, which is available for both SER 0.9.x (in
experimental CSV tree) and upcoming Ottendorf (in main modules dir)
http://siprouter.onsip.org/doc/modules/osp.html

http://www.transnexus.com/White%20Papers/Multi-Lateral%20Peering%20with%20SER.pdf

> In a lab environment, I'm looking to set up four simulated
> geographically diverse networks all peering across a common backbone.
> Each of the four networks should have its own SIP registrar.  What I'm
> looking for is a quick guide on how to allow each of the four
> registrars tell the other three what prefixes are registered with what
> address so that all SIP UAs can dial just an extension  to reach UAs
> in any of the four networks.
You can hardcode the prefixes in ser.cfg and then test src_ip to allow
INVITEs from one of the peers (if you have one fixed prefix for each
network).

> Right now I'd like to leave things unsecured if possible (no need for
> TLS).
>
> Also, if there are any good pointers for setting up the DNS in each of
> the four networks (each network will have its own DNS as well as SIP
> server) those would be useful.
I'm not sure what you are looking for. If you have domain1.com
domain2.com and so on, you just configure DNS SRV for each (ex.
_sip._udp.domain1.com.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-DNS+SRV

> Finally, IPv4 references would be helpful, but seeing as this will be
> a v6-only setup, any reverences to IPv6 configuration guides regarding
> the above would be especially useful.
What do you think should be special for IPv6?
g-)