[Serusers] SER/OpenSER + Asterisk + Queue

lists at infoway.net lists at infoway.net
Tue Dec 5 16:55:56 CET 2006

We are in the process of redesigning our single Asterisk server that
handles several queues for our clients. We offer our clients hosted
queueing/call center basic services. All the agents are in remote
locations behind NATs using either softphones or PAP2-like devices.

What we would like to accomplish is setup a SER or OpenSER ("SER")
server(s) in front of our Asterisk box such that all incoming and outgoing
calls are handled by SER.

The basic idea is to get set up for scaleability and redundancy. The goal
is to be able to add additional Asterisk servers to spread our queue
loads. Nothing fancy, maybe just separate clients on different boxes (not
load balancing queues across multiple Asterisk boxes since that a totally
different scope of project).

We could then add additional SER boxes to protect our inbound and outbound
SIP gateways to our SIP providers (all our calls are SIP-based - e.g. no
TDM circuits).

Lastly, all our agents would register against the SER server(s) instead of
directly to the Asterisk boxes.

Has anyone done this? Can anyone point me to some tips/documentation? Does
anyone care to comment? If agents login using AgentCallBackLogin, will
Asterisk know where the agents are and send the calls to them via SER?

Thank you so much in advanced.

- Daniel