[Serusers] modify the From header

Tue Dec 5 14:50:22 CET 2006

Martin Hoffmann wrote:
> Andreas Heise wrote:
>> I don't know if the UAC module is available for SER,
>> but in OpenSER you could try something like this......
>>
>> if(from_uri=~".*@localhost.localdomain")
>> {
>> uac_replace_from("*$fn* ","sip:*$fU*@128.242.111.222:5060");
>> };
>
> One should mention that doing this is in violation of RFC 3261. A proxy
> is not allowed to mess with the From- or To-URI. In practice, you should
> be carefull with this, still. I don't know what the function mentioned
> does exactly, but if a voice gateway of a certain well-known provider of
> networking equipment receives a response with a different From- or
> To-URI than what it put in the request, it will simply drop your
> response.[0]

That's why there is a dedicated function which puts the original from
uri into a Record_route parameter and keeps track of mangling From
header. I'm using it in auto mode without problems. (IIRC the cancel
still has to be rewritten manually)

Of course a simple regexp wont work.

regards
klaus

> The best answer to the original question IMHO is: Don't do it.
>
> Regards,
> Martin
>
> [0] Disclaimer: At least it did about two years ago. But SBCs in general
>     are very picky with this kind of stuff.

Klaus Darilion
nic.at