[Serusers] Problem with ser-freeradius-mysql

Lokesh Kumar lokesh at interacesso.pt
Fri Dec 1 19:14:37 CET 2006

Hello list,

I had ser-0.9.6, freeradius-1.1.3 and mysql installed. I am doing AAA for
ser by freeradius where freeradius should have to fetch data from default
mysql tables setup by freeradius.

I am able to do authentication of sip clients without problem, accounting
packets also gets logged into mysql database (when group membership checking
disabled in ser.cfg).But I am unable to manage with group membership check.

I am not sure what should be the AVPs I have to insert into mysql tables for
group membership check. I followed various articles about freeradius and
ser, and tried all possibilities, but no success. Can anyone give me any
clue about that. Below mentioned are some of my conf files.

In radiusd.conf I had enabled “sql” and disabled “files” in order to read
values from mysql db instead of flat files.

Part of ser.cfg for radius group check

if (!lookup("location")) {

if(uri=~"^sip:0[1-9].*@abc.xyz.pt") {  #Towards National PSTN gateway

if (!radius_is_user_in("From", "ld")) {

  sl_send_reply("403", "No permission to call on National numbers...");

  break;

};

route(4);

route(5);

break;

};

In radcheck table I have 2 entries for each user they are like mentioned
below

mysql> select * from radcheck;

+----+--------------------------------+---------------+----+-------------+

| id | UserName                       | Attribute     | op | Value       |

+----+--------------------------------+---------------+----+-------------+

|  1 | 69021 at abc.xyz.pt     | User-Password | == | "teste"     |

17 | 69021 at abc.xyz.pt     | Auth-Type     | := | Digest

usergroup table has entry like below

mysql> select * from usergroup;

+----------------------------+-----------+----------+

| UserName                   | GroupName | priority |

+----------------------------+-----------+----------+

| 69021 at abc.xyz.pt | ld        |        1 |

+----------------------------+-----------+----------+

1 row in set (0.00 sec)

And radgroupcheck has entries like mentioned below

mysql> select * from radgroupcheck;

| id | GroupName | Attribute    | op | Value       |

|  1 | ld        | Service-type | == | Group-Check |

1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Any clue will be much appreciated..

Thanks

Lokesh