[Users] Problem registering the UA with openSER(tls enabled)

Ncheeku Baranov opensersubscribe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 21:19:32 CET 2006

Hi,

I am trying to make my non-TLS/TLS UA register with my TLS enabled openSER.
Currently I am just working on my local machine with the client UAs on the
same subnet,(so there is only one domain, but its not named). Below is my
configuration file:

disable_tls = 0
listen = tls:10.30.100.41:5061
tls_verify_server = 1
tls_verify_client = 0
tls_require_client_certificate = 0
tls_method = TLSv1
tls_certificate = "/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/user/user- cert.pem"
tls_private_key =  "/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/user/user- privkey.pem"
tls_ca_list =  "usr/local/etc/openser/tls/user/user-calist.pem"

However, with the above configuration the client UAs couldnot register and I
got 408 Request Time out Message. Is there any field that is missing to make
this simple scenario work? What should be the values of "tls_client_domain"
and "tls_server_domain" fields in this case?

I noticed that when I start the openSER without TLS support using
"openserctl start" and do "ps -e" after that, there are more openSER
processes running than if I start openSER with TLS support in which case I
see very few of these processes running.

Your help is much appreciated....

Best regards,
NCheeku