[Users] TLS problem, not able to start openSER

Ncheeku Baranov opensersubscribe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 17:12:38 CET 2006

Hi,

I just compiled openSER with TLS support. I checked that TLS = 1 in the
Makefile when I compiled openSER. Now when I try to uncomment the parameters
in the openser.cfg to enable the TLS support and restart openSER it does not
start (I am using openserctl start command to start openser). It gives an
error saying ERROR:PID file /var/run/openser.pid does not exist -- OpenSER
start failed. I am using the following parameters in the openser.cfg file
for the TLS support:

disable_tls = 0
listen = tls:10.30.100.41:5061
tls_verify = 1
tls_require_certificate = 0
tls_method = TLSv1
tls_certificate = "/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/user/user-cert.pem"
tls_private_key = "/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/user/user-privkey.pem"
tls_ca_list = "usr/local/etc/openser/tls/user/user-calist.pem"

I have checked that all the paths are correct in defining the
tls_certificate, tls_private_key and tls_ca_list.
I used the source tarball
openser-1.1.0-tls_src.tar.gz<http://www.openser.org/pub/openser/latest/src/openser-1.1.0-tls_src.tar.gz>
for
installing the openser. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
NCheeku