[Users] postgres

Thu Dec 21 11:05:48 CET 2006

Hi Daniel!

I've checked the postgres script: rel_1_1_0 works fine, but there is a
problem in unstable: The domain for the default admin user is asked not
for serweb tables but for the plain openser tables as well. Also the
subscriber table includes all the serweb columns even if serweb tables
are not installed.

regards
klaus

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 12/20/06 19:36, Mark Price wrote:

>>     Hi Mark!
>>
>>     Postgres should work well - I use it since ser 0.8. Just make sure
>>     that
>>     the hard disk does not get full, because this breaks the index inside
>>     postgres and postgres is getting real slow (re-create the index if it
>>     happens).
>>
>>     Last time I tested openser_postgres.sh it worked fine. If you find
>>     a bug
>>     please let us know.
>>
>>     Please check to use the latest versions from CVS (for 1.1 use CVS
>>     rel_1_1_0)
>>

>> The latest version from cvs doesn't work out of the box with openser
>> build from the release tarball, because the release tarball doesn't
>> included /usr/sbin/openser_gen_ha1 (although I could get past this by
>> replacing it with the md5sum equivelant).
>>
>> However, the release tarball doesn't work because of this bug:
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1518732&group_id=139143
>> <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1518732&group_id=139143>
>>

>> So, 1. is the cvs version of rel_1_1_0 considered safe for production
>> use?
>
> yes, it is the most recommended version to use -- several issues were
> found and fixed since 1.1.0 release.
>
>>       2. if so and there are important fixes such as this in CVS,
>> would openser.org <http://openser.org> consider
>>       releasing a point release containing such changes?
> It is an option, and perhaps should be taken in consideration, as patch
> release with not so much packaging.
>
> This may help some which want to maintain platforms updated, it is
> exampled with 1.0.x, bust just replace the version with 1.1.0 in the
> document and should work (rel_1_0_0 => rel_1_1_0)
> http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:openser-from-cvs
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>

>> Thanks,