[Users] postgres

Mark Price markprice at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 18:36:17 CET 2006

> Hi Mark!
>
> Postgres should work well - I use it since ser 0.8. Just make sure that
> the hard disk does not get full, because this breaks the index inside
> postgres and postgres is getting real slow (re-create the index if it
> happens).
>
> Last time I tested openser_postgres.sh it worked fine. If you find a bug
> please let us know.
>
> Please check to use the latest versions from CVS (for 1.1 use CVS
> rel_1_1_0)

The latest version from cvs doesn't work out of the box with openser build
from the release tarball, because the release tarball doesn't included
/usr/sbin/openser_gen_ha1 (although I could get past this by replacing it
with the md5sum equivelant).

However, the release tarball doesn't work because of this bug:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1518732&group_id=139143

So, 1. is the cvs version of rel_1_1_0 considered safe for production use?
      2. if so and there are important fixes such as this in CVS, would
openser.org consider
      releasing a point release containing such changes?

Thanks,

Mark Price