[Users] postgres

Wed Dec 20 11:43:47 CET 2006

Hi Mark!

Postgres should work well - I use it since ser 0.8. Just make sure that
the hard disk does not get full, because this breaks the index inside
postgres and postgres is getting real slow (re-create the index if it
happens).

Last time I tested openser_postgres.sh it worked fine. If you find a bug
please let us know.

Please check to use the latest versions from CVS (for 1.1 use CVS rel_1_1_0)

regards
klaus

Mark Price wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the best way to use postgres with openser?
>
> Is postgres a viable option?
>
> I ask, because the install script appears to be broken.
> If I am able to fix it well enough create the necessary tables,
> will it be fit for use?
>
> As an example, there are several errors in the openser_postgres.sh that
> comes with openser 1.1
>
> In particular, there are instances where the following is done:
>
> create table a (
>   field type,
>   index a_idx(field)
> );
>
> However, postgres requires syntax like this:
>
> create table a (
>    field type
> );
> create index a_idx on a (field);