[Users] How can we do Calling Card System with OpenSER

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Dec 19 18:09:12 CET 2006

Hello,

for calling card system you need a back-to-back user agent able to do
IVR. OpenSER is not such application, so you have to use Asterisk or
other b2bua here. You can use OpenSER to do all the other tasks
(registration, nat traversal maintenance, authentication and
authorization, ...) and let the Asterisk do only the IVR/Calling card
part. OpenSER scales better in terms of subscriber population, and you
can use it as frontend to an Asterisk farm -- openser can do
loadbalancing between them (see dispatcher module).

For postpaid, you can get from OpenSER the CDRs, and then feed a
postpaid billing engine to rate them (see acc module).