[Users] client_nat_test

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Tue Dec 19 14:29:35 CET 2006

Dan Pascu wrote:
> With this kind of statements (and the previous ones you made on the
> subject) you only prove that you do not use mediaproxy, do not know what
> it has to offer when compared to nathelper and do not care too much what
> happens to it. This is why it has a README which details its capabilities
> and how it compares with nathelper and what are its advantages.

Well, actually I do use mediaproxy exclusively, and I have used the
nat-helping methods of it as well. So this is just a daring statement.

Letting the asymmetric-client feature aside, the functions
"client_nat_test" and "fix_contact" are fully interchangeable with the
correspondent nathelper functions without any side-effects (or at least,
none have been encountered here).

So, if there's another feature mediaproxy has over nathelper (I'm
talking about the modules, or more specifically, about the functions for
fixing Contact/SDP, not the RTP proxy implementation), please go ahead
and tell me, since you're insisting on how much better mediaproxy is.
There's nothing more the readme reveals on this.

On the other hand, this all is not about which version is better,
because it's really not worth the time. There already were lengthy
discussions back in 2004 which didn't come to an agreement, so...

It's just about a way for merging the SIP message altering stuff into
one module and encapsulating rtp proxy controllers into separate modules
for the sake of a cleaner configuration api.

Andy