[Users] Delayed signalling?

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 10:11:56 CET 2006

2006/12/15, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <daniel at voice-system.ro>:

> On 12/14/06 17:03, samuel wrote:
> > It might be due to a DNS query....whenver a request has to be
> > forwarded to a domain, openSER makes a DNS query to resolv the IP.
> > During this operation, the child processing the request will not
> > answer to further incoming messages.
> If proves to be because of DNS, the best is to install nscd (name
> service cache daemon) which will speed-up a lot DNS interaction. Having
> it in the system will help other applications to do DNS queries faster
> (e.g., asterisk, mail servers ...). It looks to be really powerful being
> able to cache many services, not only DNS. It comes packaged with most
> of common distributions.

Didn't know of this...

> > it also can be happening due to a spiral loop that stays on the server.
> This shouldn't block the process, and if is t_relayed, a 100 reply
> should be sent back.

The problem I'm referring to is when there's a misconfiguration and
the proxy sends to itself the message because it thinks the message is
directed to itself instead of a subscriber's UA
(alias,listen,loose_route(),...).
It is true that the 100 reply is sent back and that child is not
blocked BUT, the message is relayed to the server itself, which is
probably faster that the messages coming from the UA, and therefore
children are constantly processing the "spiral" message.
Coming back to MAx problem....do you see a Too Many Hops reply sent
back after the "blocking period" (this usually happens in the "spiral"
because every processing decreases MAx-Forwards until the lower limit
is reached...)??

Posting config and some logs/captures might help to know the problem.
Samuel.