[Users] Delayed signalling?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Fri Dec 15 10:37:43 CET 2006

On 12/14/06 17:03, samuel wrote:
> It might be due to a DNS query....whenver a request has to be
> forwarded to a domain, openSER makes a DNS query to resolv the IP.
> During this operation, the child processing the request will not
> answer to further incoming messages.
If proves to be because of DNS, the best is to install nscd (name
service cache daemon) which will speed-up a lot DNS interaction. Having
it in the system will help other applications to do DNS queries faster
(e.g., asterisk, mail servers ...). It looks to be really powerful being
able to cache many services, not only DNS. It comes packaged with most
of common distributions.

> it also can be happening due to a spiral loop that stays on the server.
This shouldn't block the process, and if is t_relayed, a 100 reply
should be sent back.