[Users] Delayed signalling?

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Thu Dec 14 16:18:00 CET 2006

At 16:03 14/12/2006, samuel wrote:
>It might be due to a DNS query....whenver a request has to be
>forwarded to a domain, openSER makes a DNS query to resolv the IP.
>During this operation, the child processing the request will not
>answer to further incoming messages.

Hard to say without more input what the cause may be. Indeed common
suspects are DNS (or any other blocking operation, such as dataabse)
or timers, but again it is hard to say without more input.

If it is DNS or TCP-based blocking, it may be worthwhile trying genuine
SER/ottendorf which is having IP blacklisting and DNS cachine in there --
this is indeed something which has been pressing us for a while.

If it is timer system, then SER should address it it (it must be
the latest ottendorf version though).

If it is database that blocks itself and SER consequently too, you
have to look at the database. (Even if SER would do something about
it, it could do hardly better then sending a negative reply
"DB unavailable").

-jiri