[Users] Delayed signalling?

Max Gregorian gregorian442 at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 14 14:25:39 CET 2006

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I have noticed while
tracing on my OpenSER server, that every now and then the server receives a
packet which it does to respond to immediately, resulting in a string of
packets being sent to the server and then the server responding a few
seconds later. This does not happen all the time, just say maybe once or
twice every hour. The rest of the time the signaling is correct and

What I am trying to figure out is whether this is a load traffic issue (i.e.
can the server not handle too much load), and if so is it OpenSER or the
network or the server in general? I have run diagnostics on the servers and
there is nothing wrong with the hardware.

On the other hand Could this be related to any timer issues? I remember
there was mention of timers in SER but are there any default timer settings
that can be tweaked?

Thanks in advance for any response.