[Users] Re: [Devel] New module: perl

Bastian Friedrich bastian.friedrich at collax.com
Tue Dec 12 17:27:53 CET 2006

Hi Bogdan,

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 16:51, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> I was referring to the minimal lib dependency in order to get the module
> compile from C point of view. According to my tests, libperl-dev (and
> all its dependencies) is enough. I guess it is a pretty common lib on
> most of the UNIX systems.
>
> my suggestion is to list in docs the "libperl-dev" library as module
> external dependency, instead of the generic "Perl".

If someone _would_ build Perl on himself, he'd get all necessary files
installed. This is probably very, very uncommon in fact. Listing Debian
dependencies as the only dependency list is probably not apt, either.

I just commited some updates that leave the depency "Perl" inside, but add
sections for dependencies on Debian and SuSE systems.

I might try compiling on Ubuntu systems, too, in the next weeks... :)

Best,
   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-24

\ Is there life before coffee?