[Users] problem with forking...

Mon Dec 11 09:47:34 CET 2006

Frogger wrote:
> I am seeing a problem forking more than 7.

Hi!

What is your problem: more than 7 SIP clients using the same SIP account
  (SIP forking) or more than 7 openser childrens (unix process forking)?

I think you are mixing things. The number of children is unrelated to
the max number of contacts:
http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.1.x/registrar.html#AEN233

regards
klaus

> Any phones that are beyond the 7th device get 180
> ringin but Openser cannot receive the invite to answer
> the call.
>
> Any thoughts on why I cannot increase the children?
>
> (BTW, "openserctl ps" shows the proper number of
> children.  For example, when set to 14, "ps" shows 14
> children.  However any UA beyond 7 cannot answer the
> forked call.)
>
> Thanks, MC

Klaus Darilion
nic.at