[Users] Load Balancing

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Dec 5 10:17:30 CET 2006

Hello,

On 12/04/06 12:45, Thomas Deillon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I try to use SER as a load balancer with the dispatcher module.
> All SIP/RTP request are load balanced and, in a LAN, it's working.
> With phone with a public address ip, it's work too.

you cannot use a load balancer in front of natted clients unless you use
the path extension (see the path module). There is another issue you
have to take care of, the nat pinhole maintenance.

> But my problem it's with NATed phones...
> The ser change the source ip address and so, the nat=yes option in
> asterisk cannot work!! (I make registration on ser servers)

OpenSER will cheange the source IP because is not working at IP level,
but at application level.
> I wanted to change the "from header field" in the ser and put the IP
> source, but it seams impossible.

have a look at uac module, there you can find uac_replace_from()