[Users] t_replicate to multiple destinations

Marco marco at comm.cc
Mon Dec 4 12:54:21 CET 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 12:04:22PM +0100, Thomas Deillon wrote:
> Yes, but as you know, to REGISTER a phone, you have more than one step.
> Phone -> Asterisk: REGISTER without authentification
> Phone <- Asterisk: 401 / unauthaurized
> Phone -> Asterisk: REGISTER with authentification
> Phone <- Asterisk: 200 (OK)
>
> So, if you duplicate a message REGISTER, SER make a fork.
> The phone has to response to the 3 (if you have 3 asterisk servers) 401 messages (because of the different nonce) with 3 "REGISTER with authentification".
>
> All phone are not able to do this... be careful,

Thanks for your answer.
I'm just trying to register a phone to multiple openser,
for load balancing, instead of having a single usrloc database.
The doc of tm module about t_replicate says that:
"No information due the replicated request (like reply code) will be
forwarded to the original SIP UAC."
So it's seems that there should be no problems about reply code,
but if ser makes a fork, only a single t_replicate is possible.
What am I missing?

Best regards,
--
	"Work and play are words used to