[Serusers] Any plans to implement UAC module?

Andy Thomas andy at andythomas.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 15:11:28 CEST 2006

Probably one for Greger-

Does anyone know if there are plans to implement the UAC module (as seen in
Openser) within the next version of Ser?

I am currently running 0.9.6, and when I dial out to the PSTN, the CLI is
shown as the Ser username, not the DID number

All incoming DID numbers are specified as aliases, so when the PSTN dials
in, it gets forward to the correct user.

However I need to rewrite the outgoing SIP message, changing the the from:
URI  so that the alias is displayed, not the ser username.

The UAC module is probably the easiest way changing the from: URI, unless
anyone knows of a better way??