[Serusers] Please help for guiding serweb installation in openser server

Ferianto siregar ferianto_voip at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 24 15:27:15 CEST 2006

   Dear all,

Thank you very much to all of you for help me to answer my question about serweb before.
So, based on your suggestion, I tried to install serweb 0.9.3 for my openser server.
But, when I tried to install it, I am confused. I don`t understand about the installation note that I have got from untar the serweb 0.9.3 packet.

These are some questions that I need to ask:
1. Where should we untar the serweb 0.9.3 packet? Should we untar it in root or anywhere we like?
Because when we untar it, there will be a serweb folder in the location where we untar it (for example, when we untar the packet in root there will be a serweb directory in root) . This serweb folder also contain html directory and phplib directory.
As I know, There are also html directory in /root/var/www.
So, What directory should I use? Should I delete the html directory and phplib directory in /root/var/www/?
2. Is there any relationship between the html directory in  /root/var/www and html directory from /root/serweb?
Which one should I use?
3. In the installation note I got this message :
  "install it, unpack the distibution on your webserver so that the directory html is in document root and phplib is not accessible via web"
Can anybody help me to explain what this message means?  and give me an example?
4. If I can make a wish for all of you, I do hope anybody can share the serweb configuration that she/he has configured to me. So, it can become the guidelines for me.
That `s all the question that I got when I tried to install the serweb. I am confused. I do hope anybody can help me because I am new in this system.
Thank you very much for your help. Thanks

Regards,

Ferianto