[Serusers] SER and RTPproxy?!

Caxton kaifu.chan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 10:46:22 CEST 2006

Hi all:
    The document metion that "RTPproxy will not be installed on the SER
server, but on a remote machine." If I install SER on "192.168.1.3", and
install RTPproxy on "192.168.1.5".  How do they work?

    Now, I install they on a same machine, and I run SER first, then usr
command "rtpproxy -l xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" to force rtpproxy.  The SIP client can
register behind NAT, but there are some problem with RTP stream.  I found
that RTP strem is able to relay to this machine, but this machine do not
transmit those data to destination!!

      PC(A)
 Server(SER+RTPproxy)                                 PC(B)
                    RTP
Stream(A)                                               RTP Stream(B)
1.              ---------------------------->
          <----------------------------

2.                                         Receive RTP stream A and B

3.  Server should transmit RTP stream(A) to PC(B) and RTP stream(B) to
PC(A), but this step do not work.  (I am not sure that server does not
forward the RTP packets or Clients do not receive RTP packet.)

    What is the problem? How should I operate if RTPproxy install on another
machine? Because the command "rtpproxy" will not be used on the machine
which have installed SER.

    Please help me, thank you.

Regards,

Caxton