[Serusers] SER on Ubuntu Breezy

Andrey Kouprianov andrey.kouprianov at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 11:21:56 CEST 2006

Hi,

Oh my. My appologies! I've mixed up with Asterisk.

What ser version do you want to install, btw? If 0.9.x then plz take a
look at INSTALL file in the tar ball. There should not be any problem
with compiling like in any other linux system, if you've installed all
the needed packages.

When you make,

1. make   #builds only ser core, equivalent to make ser
2. make all #builds everything
3. make bin include_modules="mysql jabber cpl-c auth_radius
group_radius uri_radius postgres pa"  #builds selective modules
(you'll definitely need mysql and the rest is up to you)
4. Refer to INSTALL file for more options. Btw, since Ubuntu is Debian
based, then also take a look at the "requirements" section for Debian.
5. Make sureto install MySQL first. I used 4.1.x for many
installations so far and it seems to be working really fine.

Then make install. This should install ser into default directory (
/usr/local ) with configuration file inside the /usr/local/etc/ser/
and shell scripts with binaries in /usr/local/sbin/.

 Andrey.