[Serusers] RTPPROXY doesn't work: HELP!!!

chiara.alena at fastwebnet.it chiara.alena at fastwebnet.it
Fri Aug 18 19:15:04 CEST 2006

Hi everybody!

I am running SER + RTPPROXY and I am trying  to establish a call between a UA
with public IP address and a UA with private IP address connecting to the proxy
through a Access Point that has an extern ip address that is private too:

UA1 (192.168.0.100) <--> (192.168.0.1) AP (192.168.1.1) <--> (192.168.1.2) SER
(public IP) <--> (public IP) UA2

I just used the function force_rtp_proxy of nathelper module to force SER to
change the sdp body of INVITE and reply messages, and in this way the fields c=
and m= of the sdp get changed correctly.

I can establish a call and the UAs send RTP packets to the rtpproxy. The
problem is that the rtpproxy doesn't forward the RTP packets coming from the UA
with public address (UA2) towards the UA with private address (UA1).

Are there special flags I have to set in order to make rtpproxy work properly?
Do I have to use other functions of nathelper module besides force_rtp_proxy? I
am writing my own module for SER and I programmed it in such a way that the
force_rtp_proxy function is called (not from the configuration file but from
the module itself) for every INVITE request and reply, so that every RTP stream
has to pass through the rtpproxy.

If I try to use 2 UAs with public addresses everything works properly...

Last question: how can I run rtpproxy in debug mode? And where can I see the
log  files???

Please someone help me!

Thanks a lot!

Chiara