[Serusers] Ser with Asterisk for Voicemail

Ricardo Carvalho rcarvalho at iric.up.pt
Thu Aug 17 14:55:04 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm deploying a SER + Asterisk architecture, where SER is used to manage
acc, users database and sip routing, and Asterisk is used for voicemail
and PSTN gateway.
How should I edit ser.cfg to make Ser redirect calls to Asterisk when
the user doesn't answer his phone or when the user exists but it hasn't
any phone registered?
If I'm using also Asterisk for Gateway purpose, I guess all calls to be
sent to PSTN, Ser redirects them to Asterisk, but it will try to find a
mailbox for every number dialled, when it should distinguish calls for
PSTN not to be sent to Voicemail. How can Asterisk distinguish between a
call sent for voicemail and a call sent by ser to be redirected to PSTN?
It depends on the configuration made in ser.cfg?

Thanks,

Ricardo.